Wednesday, August 10, 2011

While the Cats are Away

Enjoying a bit of alone time at the moment, and figured I may as well post something. I've been terrible at keeping up with this blog, particularly as it was my intention to update it regularly. I've come to the realization that I just have to do it. I've thought of a gazillion things I'd like to write about, but when I sit on those for too long, they sort of lose their luster. Those were postings for other days, and they're no longer calling to me, if that makes any sense.

Today my husband took the day off from work, which is always nice. But we didn't really plan on doing anything. I was content to just busy myself here at home, but he was eventually coerced into taking a trip to the local Korean market to satisfy his daughters' and their friend's appetite for some K-pop merchandise. My son tagged along as well, hoping that my husband would agree to taking him to another spot afterwards. I haven't been alone at home in like forever. It's nice.

On the agenda for the next few hours at least:

Have a quiet dinner.

Enjoy a cup of tea.

Cuddle up with a book. Preferably something not considered generally great in a literary sense, or listed on some great books list. Something not ancient or involved, not that I don't find enjoyment in those sometimes, but just not today. Just pure escapism is on the agenda tonight.

I can get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment